We found a great article from Builder Magazine. It talks about 10 cost-effective construction strategies that will increase energy efficiency of a home. Read the Article Here
Kogan Builders has a few favorites from this list, that prove to be very beneficial, especially in our climate. These design and construction techniques offer the most bang for your buck when investing in energy efficiency.
- Orient the house for energy efficiency.
- Place windows appropriately.
- Properly air-seal the structure.
- Insulate. Insulate. Insulate.
- Choose an efficient hot water system.
- Install Energy Star appliances.
As a certified Green Builder and Energy Star Partner, Kogan Builders has the education and resources to offer our clients the most energy efficient home to fit their budget! If you have any questions about cost-effective ways to save on energy bills, don’t hesitate to give us a call!